[one-users] sunstone says : "OpenNebula is not running"

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Wed May 2 02:44:50 PDT 2012

This is probably because you changed the contents of sunstone_auth. For
that to work you need to to update the password of the serveradmin user
with the sha1 password (oneuser passwd serveradmin susenebula --sha1).

Im not sure your original problem was a packaging thing, but you could
also try the opensuse packages from http://opennebula.org/software:software

Hector

En Wed, 02 May 2012 11:31:48 +0200, Guigui 6675636b206f6666
<licks0re at hotmail.com> escribió:

> Good morning all,
>
> So. I re-did everything from scratch.
>
> 1) re-installed the machine with opensuse 12.1
> 2) re-installed the softwares opennebula & sunstone
> 3) added the one_auth variable to oneadmin .bashrc profile to avoid
> confusion with the one_auth file
>
> Unfortunately, still the same problem. But now, I see some auth problem
> in the oned.log (at the end of this message)
>
> Wed May  2 11:27:39 2012 [ReM][D]: UserPoolInfo method invoked
>
> Wed May  2 11:27:39 2012 [ReM][E]: [UserPoolInfo] User couldn't be
> authenticated, aborting call.
>

> Am I confusing something here ? sunstone credentials are the credentials
> given in the sunstone_auth file, am I correct ?
> (in fact, I set all the passwords to "susenebula"... oneadmin system
> account, in one_auth file and in sunstone_auth file)
>

> To start the services, I do :
>
> "sudo - oneadmin"
> "one start"
> "sunstone-server start"
>
> It gives me no errors. One & sunstone logs at the end of this message.
>
> So here are all the revelant config files:
>
> one_auth file:
> oneadmin:susenebula
>
> sunstone_auth file:
> oneadmin:susenebula
>
> file rights :
> -rw-r--r--  1 oneadmin cloud   20 Jan 27 14:34 one_auth
> -rw-------  1 oneadmin cloud   20 Jan 27 15:15 sunstone_auth
>
> /etc/one/oned.conf
>

> #*******************************************************************************
> #                       OpenNebula Configuration file
> #*******************************************************************************
>
> #*******************************************************************************
> # Daemon configuration attributes
> #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> #  MANAGER_TIMER: Time in seconds the core uses to evaluate periodical
> functions.
> #  HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL and VM_POLLING_INTERVAL can not have smaller
> values
> #  than MANAGER_TIMER.
> #
> #  HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL: Time in seconds between host monitorization.
> #  HOST_PER_INTERVAL: Number of hosts monitored in each interval.
> #
> #  VM_POLLING_INTERVAL: Time in seconds between virtual machine
> monitorization.
> #  (use 0 to disable VM monitoring).
> #  VM_PER_INTERVAL: Number of VMs monitored in each interval.
> #
> #  VM_DIR: Remote path to store the VM images, it should be shared
> between all
> #  the cluster nodes to perform live migrations. This variable is the
> default
> #  for all the hosts in the cluster. VM_DIR IS ONLY FOR THE NODES AND
> *NOT* THE
> #  FRONT-END
> #
> [...]

Hector Sanjuan