[one-users] VM deployment on Xen

Yasz Yassin yaszrina at gmail.com
Wed May 30 01:29:04 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have a problem of deploying a VM on Xen machine. I am using Ubuntu12.04 +
Xen 4.1 in my cluster node.
I've successfully created the host and I can monitor the cluster node.

Problem is, I can't deploy VM on the CN using the template seen here
http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2011-April/004977.html.

I did modify it a little bit to suit my setup. I have several questions
pertaining this.

1. Where do I get the vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 file? I do not see any
vmlinuz-with-xen-attached-to-its-name. Same goes with initrd.
2. Why does  "root     = "xvda2"" have to start with xv?
3. How do I get this xvda2?

Appreciate your help.

thanks
yasz