[one-users] how I can use openNebula to combine 2 clusters in one cloud?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Mar 8 03:58:49 PST 2012

Hi,

2012/3/6 Eman Hossny <e.hossny at gmail.com>

> 1- can I combine these 2 clusters in one cloud?

You can have an OpenNebula installation in each cluster, and then manage
both using OpenNebula Zones [1].

> 2- can I make Virtual storage from these 2 clusters, i.e. combine the hard
> disk of all nodes in the 2 clusters to form virtual storage?

Using the shared FS storage model [2], OpenNebula can work with an
underlying distributed FS, it is "transparent" to OpenNebula and it doesn't
have to configured. In this thread [3] you will find some experiences from
other users. However, I would consider this approach only to combine the
storage within each cluster, because of performance.

> 3- can I make Virtual Ram from these 2 clusters, i.e. combine the main
> memory of all nodes in the 2 clusters to form virtual Ram?

I'm not aware of any hypervisor that will allow you to do that, and I can't
even start to image the awful performance you would get using RAM shared
over the internet...

Regards.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:ozones
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:sfs