[one-users] Ldap: What about compatibility with old users??

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Mon Mar 5 07:35:28 PST 2012

OpenNebula users can only have one authentication method (i.e.
authentication driver). The driver for each user is stored in the
database. If a user already exists then it will use the driver
specified in her or his information. Otherwise the diver used for the
first authentication is "default" and if the authentication is
successful then a new user will be created in OpenNebula database with
that driver.

If I understand your configuration correctly after enabling ldap both
old and new users will work.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Ruben Diez <rdiez at cesga.es> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We are working in order to use our OpenNebula with ldap stuff, following
> this guide:
> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:ldap
>
> At this moment, we have a lot of OpenNebula users creating in the classical
> maner....
>
> What will be the situation of these "classic" users after turn on the ldap
> auth mechanics??
>
> In the guide, talk about do:
>
> ln -s /var/lib/one/remotes/auth/ldap /var/lib/one/remotes/auth/default
>
> Is this the maner for compatibility with both old "classical" users and the
> ldap new ones???
>
> Regards.

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula