[one-users] What happens with multiple front-ends?

Leonardo Montecchi lmontecchi at montex.org
Wed Mar 21 10:18:49 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating OpenNebula, with the aim to setup a redundant
cloud for our research group.

My setup will have two physical machines connected with Gigabit
Ethernet. I'm planning to use GlusterFS as image storage and MySQL
cluster for the database, to obtain complete redundancy.

However, I don't understand where I should install the front-end.
Ideally, I would like to install it on both machines, in order to have
it always available in case one of them fails. Would this it be ok? Will
I run into consistency problems due to multiple front-ends running?

Thanks,
Leonardo.