[one-users] Bridge configuration missing from ovswitch driver?

Dimitris Theodorou dtheodor at nikhef.nl
Tue Mar 20 11:50:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Open vSwitch driver, but it appears that it does
not do anything before the deploy action. That way launching a VM
fails with the error:
error: Failed to add tap interface to bridge 'onebr2': No such device
Looking at the VM deployment file I see (using libvirt kvm)
                 <interface type='bridge'>
                         <source bridge='onebr2'/>
                         <mac address='02:00:0a:0a:14:02'/>
                 </interface>
So the onebr2 is expected to be there. Is the admin expected to create
it or is the ovswitch driver missing functionality? The 802.1Q driver
will create the bridge if it does not exist.

Looking at the ovswitch scripts, this is the only thing they do in the
post action:
ovs_vsctl set Port #{nic[:tap]} tag=#{vlan}"

What is nic[:tap] ? I can't find it in the VM database entry.

Dimitris