[one-users] [openSUSE + OpenNebula 3.2.0 + KVM. How to obtain an .img file?]

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 04:21:23 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Regarding my last issue here, the problem with the VNC connection initialization through Sunstone
 was indeed the presence of the line
['TIGHT_PNG',        -260 ],
in rfb.js. Uncommenting it solved the problem; thank you Carlo and Hector for you prompt feedbacks.

So, at my current progress, I managed to create VM's from the provided ttylinux image without problems, VNC is also working, I could ssh and ping in all the possible directions, and, to gain some experience, I even fooled around a bit with some template attributes to see their effect. So, i guess that "so far, so good".
Now, my next step would be to do the same thing with VM's created from an openSUSE image. In order to do this, I would need a raw openSUSE .img file (just like I had ttylinux.img), but, lacking any experience in the domain, I'm a little bit helpless regarding the exact way of obtaining such an .img file for my distribution. I have checked some online documentation, but none of it really helped. So, my question is, what is the correct and best way to obtain such a SUSE image, or are there any ways to get it from somewhere? Just for the record (as stated in the subject), I'm using KVM as hypervisor.

Also, for anyone having experience with SUSE + ONE + KVM (I've seen that are a few of you here): could you provide me an
 example template for your configuration, that I could use a starting
 point for my configuration? It would really be a great help.

Thank you very much,
Lehel.