[one-users] Distributed storage, local copy

Marshall Grillos mgrillos at optimalpath.com
Tue Mar 13 12:33:52 PDT 2012

We are planning an OpenNebula deployment for a private cloud setup.

I recently read an article on the opennebula blog on storage: http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=2187

This article discusses a "Distributed storage local copy" solution that seems to scale the best.  However it does not contain any information or hints on how to configure this type of setup.  I have a few questions:

1)      Will this setup allow live migrations?

2)      Can someone point me to some configuration examples?

3)      Does this require the VMWare hypervisor (we were looking at KVM or XEN deployment)?

Does anyone know what the general architecture would look like?  We were planning on attaching a large storage array to the OpenNebula controller to house VM images and setting up enough storage on each node to house running images to reduce network latency.  I found this article useful in that it afforded faster deployment times than the traditional Non-shared filesystem.

Any tips/information on how to test this deployment would be great.

Thanks,
Marshall