[one-users] Opennebula on EC2

davood ghatreh davood.gh2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:19:11 PDT 2012

Dear Mohsen,

About Front-end, yes it should be technically possible (I don't have any
experience though), but about Hosts, there is a problem. You'll need to
install a hypervisor on them, and 2 level virtualization is not suggested.
I could setup KVM on a VM (the main hypervisor was KVM as well), but I
could never run a VM on it. libvirt was crashing. There were error messages
in oned.log which was indicating some problem with VM OS type (when I tried
to deploy VM):

error: Unknown OS Type hvm

It was because VM didn't have virtualization feature set for the CPU
(VT-Technology in Intel).
I know that AWS's hypervisor was Xen (open-source) and they are using KVM
as well.
Has anybody tested this? I also want to know.

Thanks
Davood