[one-users] NoVNC in Sunstone behind lighttpd

Jhon Masschelein jhon.masschelein at sara.nl
Fri Jun 1 03:08:46 PDT 2012

Hi,

We are behind an iptables firewall so we simply opened a bunch of ports
in addition to the 443 port to make the vnc work. Yes this is "bad" but
we actually like it this way.

In the previous incarnation of our cloud based on ONE 1.0, we had a UI
where one port proxied all the vnc connections.

We got into major problems with users  behind NAT bridges: we did not
find a way to set up a correct proxy since all connections came from the
NAT box.

We much prefer opening a bunch of ports in favor of having NAT break VNC
support.

If the opennebula VNC system would revert back to that kind of system,
please make sure it works through a NAT solution!

Wkr,

Jhon

--
Jhon Masschelein