[one-users] oned.conf configuration for xen with fully path for executables

Massimo Canonico mex at di.unipmn.it
Wed Jun 6 05:56:44 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm a little confuse how to properly set the xen parameter for oned.conf
file.

In the documentation I saw to un-comment these lines:

  IM_MAD = [
         name       = "im_xen",
         executable = "one_im_ssh",
         arguments  = "xen" ]

     VM_MAD = [
         name       = "vmm_xen",
         executable = "one_vmm_exec",
         arguments  = "xen",
         default    = "vmm_exec/vmm_exec_xen.conf",
         type       = "xen" ]

but in my oned.conf (without any change), VM_MAD argument values is a little bit different:

VM_MAD = [
     name       = "vmm_xen",
     executable = "one_vmm_exec",
     arguments  = "-t 15 -r 0 xen",
     default    = "vmm_exec/vmm_exec_xen.conf",
     type       = "xen" ]

I suppose this is not a problem, but I would suggest to report the same value even in the documentation.

Now the problem: I have added my xen host but the log file says:
"Could not find information driver im_xen"

So I decided to put the full path for the executables and default fields:

IM_MAD = [
     name       = "im_xen",
     #executable = "one_im_ssh",
     executable = "/home/oneadmin/one-3.0/lib/mads/one_im_ssh",
     arguments  = "xen" ]

VM_MAD = [
     name       = "vmm_xen",
     #executable = "one_vmm_exec",
     executable = "/home/oneadmin/one-3.0/lib/mads/one_vmm_exec",
     arguments  = "-t 15 -r 0 xen",
     #default    = "vmm_exec/vmm_exec_xen.conf",
     default    = "/home/oneadmin/one-3.0/etc/vmm_exec/vmm_exec_xen.conf",
     type       = "xen" ]

Is it a right procedure?

Thanks,
  Massimo