[one-users] Use qcow and ssh tm driver for the same host

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 20 09:46:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

Each host has only one system DS, but can use several Image DS.
The system DS holds the contextualization cdrom, the volatile disks [1];
and the non-persistent Images, that are copied from the Image DS.

If an Image is persistent, and the DS transfer manager is shared, the files
are used directly from the Image DS location. This means that the VMs using
"fast" persistent Images will be fast, no matter what system DS the Host is
using.

It would be great to hear other people's opinions, to know if your scenario
is a common one and should be considered for future releases.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:template#volatile_disks
--
Carlos Martín, MSc