[one-users] Share host with non-opennebula VMs

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 17 06:43:50 PDT 2012

Hi,

OpenNebula will only monitor and manage VMs created through it, it will not
interfere with your existing VMs.

But because OpenNebula assumes exclusive use of the hosts, the scheduler
won't take into account the resources used by the previous VMs. You can
however set manually how much host memory is reserved for the hypervisor
and your VMs with the HYPERVISOR_MEM attribute in /etc/one/sched.conf [1].

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:schg#configuration
--
Carlos Martín, MSc