[one-users] Share host with non-opennebula VMs

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:29:38 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I currently have some ESXi hosts where I have spare capacity, but already have some virtual machines running on them.
Unfortunately I can't move them to another host. My plan is to keep the host, but create new datastores and networks just for OpenNebula instances.
If I add the host to OpenNebula (ensuring nothing breaks in the process), will it see and/or mess with my non-opennebula instances?
My worries are:

- Will OpenNebula shutdown instances it doesn't manage?
- Will OpenNebula calculate available capacity correctly, by decrementing the value used by unmanaged virtual machines?

Thanks,
Ricardo