[one-users] How to use wget to get source image during VM creation

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 10 03:25:37 PDT 2012

To do this you can create a new datastore or modify the one that
already exists. You can take a look at fs datastore that is located at
/var/lib/remotes/datastore/fs. This directory holds the scripts that
manage the fs datastore. For example, the clone script takes the
source path (or url) and stores it in the destination (path generated
by OpenNebula). After the copy is done it prints the path of the new
image. Here you can create a new file ($DST) that contains the url of
the image and then in the tm read back the url to download it.

Another way could be exporting a datastore by http and changing tm's
to wget instead of cp/scp from a base directory. TM's are located at
/var/lib/one/remotes/tm.

More info at http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:sd

These are just ideas and they are maybe a bit cumbersome.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM, KC LO <kclo2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> From /var/lib/one/remotes/tm/ssh directory, it has a clone script which is
> used to transfer the source VM image to the destination host for VM creation
> through ssh/scp.  Under this script, I found that it will check the $SRC
> whether it has "http" and use wget to get the image.  Where in SunStone or
> oneadmin command to create a image repository as a Web server?  I think that
> wget is more efficient and faster than ssh/scp.
>
> Thanks!
>
> case $SRC in
> http://*)
>     log "Downloading $SRC"
>     RMT_CMD="$WGET -O $DST_PATH $SRC"
>     ssh_exec_and_log "$DST_HOST" "$RMT_CMD" "Error downloading $SRC"
>     ;;
>
> *)
>     log "Cloning $SRC in $DST_PATH"
>     exec_and_log "$SCP -r $SRC $DST" "Error copying $SRC to $DST"
>     ;;
> esac

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula