[one-users] How to customize contents of the deployment file

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 10 02:52:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM, KC LO <kclo2000 at gmail.com> wrote:

The reason that I want to change the VM guest name is that I want to use my
> customer service ID for each VM.  For every customer subscribe our VM, we
> will provide our customer number(similar to telephone number concept) as
> reference.  It helps for future billing and support communication.  If we
> use one-<id> as reference, we need to cross-check with Opennebula DB.  If
> the DB got problem, we will lose all customer subscription info.

You can set up mysql replication with a cluster of master-slave
configuration.
Make sure to take a look at the OpenNebula accounting tool [1]

> When I use SunStone to create Virtual Machines, it will ask the Virtual
> Machines name. Where will it store this variable so that I can use it to
> replace the server name of the deployment file.

The name is stored in VM/NAME. Again, let me point out that the VM name is
not unique, a user can have several VMs with the same name.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:accounting

--
Carlos Martín, MSc