[one-users] Use qcow and ssh tm driver for the same host

Paulo A L Rego pauloalr.alu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:30:46 PDT 2012

Hello,

Is there any way to use qcow and ssh transfer driver for the same host?
We have a shared FS with NFS using qcow, but when a lot of VMs are
launched, the storage I/O becomes a bottleneck.
We want to use both shared and local images for all hosts.

We created two datastores - qcow(id 100) and ssh (id 101) - and the same
image was created for both.
The problem is that the running VMs are always placed in
/var/lib/one/datastores/0.
How the shared FS is mounted in that directory, when we deploy a VM using
the image on ssh datastore, the image is tranfered using ssh, but is placed
on the shared FS.

We would like to have two directories for running VMs. This way we could
deploy on the shared FS on /var/lib/one/datastores/0 and use another
directory (maybe /var/lib/one/datastores/101) for local images.

Any solution?

Thanks a lot.
Paulo Antonio Leal Rego
Federal University of Ceara - Brazil