[one-users] Configure - Script Network - Init

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 10 03:54:36 PDT 2012

Sorry for the huge delay answering and thanks for the tip. I'll take a
look into it now that we are creating easier ways to contextualize an
image.

The proposed solution we have was made like that to be mostly the same
for every distribution but it may be better to play with the network
configuration scripts instead of general service startup.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado
Junior <acsfj08 at inf.ufpr.br> wrote:
> I know this is an old post and it's not my intention to restart any
> discussion about this problem.
> I just had a similar issue and I while searching for a solution, Google made
> me stumble upon this non replied question. I'll just post my solution, so if
> anyone else has the same problem, they may get a hint.
>

> I found it simpler to place my vmcontext script ( it could be any script )
> under "/etc/network/if-pre-up.d". This will make sure that every time the
> interface is brought up, the script has already been run.
>

> Of course you can use rc-update.d. I had problems running it with run level
> 2, sometimes the VM wouldn't assign the correct IP on boot. Probably it
> could be fixed by adjusting the configuration,  but I was afraid to mess up
> other scripts' levels.
>

> Antonio Carlos Furtado
>

>>Yes, Script generate correctly files, but it has not been generate
>>before that network interface has been initialized.
>>
>>This is my Question, How can I init script before network interfaz had
>>been initialized?
>>
>>    I've initialize script after network interfaz with "rc-update.d "
>><In Debian>, but I don't know how to launch it before the initialitation.

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula