[one-users] How to customize contents of the deployment file

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 2 06:02:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

The easiest way to add any attributes to the deployment file is using the
RAW attribute inside the VM template [1].

Setting the OpenNebula VM name in the deployment file is not a good idea,
because the VM id is unique, but the name isn't.
Anyway, if you really need to overwrite attributes set by OpenNebula, you
can change the /var/lib/one/<id>/deployment.0 file before the deployment is
actually made, modifying the /var/lib/one/remotes/vmm/xen/deploy script.
The file is actually created by the core, if you are willing to recompile,
take a look at src/vmm/XenDriver.cc [2].

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:xeng#additional_attributes
[2]
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/master/entry/src/vmm/XenDriver.cc