[one-users] Installation of OpenNebula 3.2 on Ubuntu OS

Giovanni Toraldo gt at libersoft.it
Tue Jan 31 03:51:13 PST 2012

Hi Poul,

2012/1/31 Poul Kristensen <bcc5226 at gmail.com>:
> Would someone suggest the easiest way to install OpenNebula 3.2 to Ubuntu?

It's easy, you just need to read the documentation.

If you mean the fastest method, you may want to use pre-built .DEB packages.

> Should OS be Ubuntu server version 10.04(with the included packages or
> are the packages to old?)  or Ubuntu server version 11.10?

Ubuntu 10.04 is pretty good for ON, you may prefer 11.10 only for
having a more recent KVM version, but you may wish to stick to an LTS
edition in production.

> Should it be compiled and if so how can I be sure that all packages
> are installed needed to get a succesfull compilation in first try?

IMHO the self-contained install from sources is the best option since
all the ON files will be on a separated system folder (eventually on a
shared resource among hosts), very handy when upgrading or backup
purposes.

Bye.

--
Giovanni Toraldo - LiberSoft