[one-users] problem with RANGED network (or caching)

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Mon Jan 30 11:22:49 PST 2012

Hi,

I just did upgrade to 3.2.1 and it didn't solve my problem.
I'm getting:

oneadmin at cloud00:~$ onetemplate instantiate sunray-xen
[TemplateInstantiate] Error allocating a new virtual machine.

Finally I found the cause. I want to have HOSTNAME="vm\$((echo
$NIC[IP,NETWORK=\"NET-NAME\"]|cut -d. -f4) - 35))" in CONTEXT. It is
accepted as valid template, but fails to start (in very strange ways).
With that I want to solve problem with setting hostname depending on IP.
There are no way to use DNS or other ways to do that. I tried in VM, but
it is not reliable ("getent hosts $IP" returns nothing when network is
not ready yet).

Regards, Rolandas

P.S. I'm trying to use opennebula to manage production services VM, with
fixed IP<=>HOSTNAME (with pools also).