[one-users] opennebula 3.0 virtual networks assign IPs out of allocated RANGE

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Jan 18 07:10:07 PST 2012

Hi,

The ranged network definition in OpenNebula 3.0 can be a bit confusing,
because the NETWORK_ADDRESS is not the first IP, but rather the base
address to use for the range.

In your case, for 96 addresses the base address is 10.206.223.0, giving you
the range 10.206.223.1 to 10.206.223.96. You can see a similar question
here [1].

This has been improved in OpenNebula 3.2, see [2] for the complete syntax.
For example, you can set the first IP of the range:

NETWORK_ADDRESS = 10.206.223.0/24
IP_START        = 10.206.223.96

Regards.

[1]