[one-users] How to access VMs?

Mohit Dhingra mohitdhingras at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:29:30 PST 2012

*Hi All,

*I have been able to create host, vnet and VM, using CLI using attached
template files. But I don't know how to access VMs.

I tried pinging ip address assigned to VM - 10.112.10.52. But, was not able
to get any reply.
Then I tried using vncviewer.

oneadmin at cadlab:~/Templates/vm_templates/Used> vncviewer 10.112.10.52
vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: No route to host
Unable to connect to VNC server

oneadmin at cadlab:~/Templates/vm_templates/Used> onehost list
  ID NAME               RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU   TMEM   FMEM   AMEM   STAT
   0 cadlab               2    800    795    600     8G   3.4G     4G     on

oneadmin at cadlab:~/Templates/vm_templates/Used> onevm list
    ID USER     GROUP    NAME         STAT CPU     MEM
HOSTNAME        TIME
     0 oneadmin oneadmin SUSEVM-2     runn   0      2G          cadlab 00
07:21:04
     1 oneadmin oneadmin SUSEVM-2     runn   0      2G          cadlab 00
02:34:05

oneadmin at cadlab:~/Templates/vm_templates/Used> onevnet list
  ID USER     GROUP    NAME              TYPE BRIDGE  LEASES
   0 oneadmin oneadmin Public               F   eth0       2

oneadmin at cadlab:~/Templates/vm_templates/Used> onevm show 1
VIRTUAL MACHINE 1
INFORMATION
ID                  : 1
NAME                : SUSEVM-2
USER                : oneadmin
GROUP               : oneadmin
STATE               : ACTIVE
LCM_STATE           : RUNNING
HOSTNAME            : cadlab
START TIME          : 01/18 19:24:13
END TIME            : -
DEPLOY ID           : one-1

VIRTUAL MACHINE
MONITORING
NET_TX              : 3
NET_RX              : 0
USED MEMORY         : 2097152
USED CPU            : 0

PERMISSIONS

OWNER               : um-
GROUP               : ---
OTHER               : ---

VIRTUAL MACHINE
TEMPLATE
CONTEXT=[
  HOSTNAME=SUSEVM-2,
  TARGET=hdb ]
CPU=1
DISK=[
  CLONE=YES,
  DISK_ID=0,
  IMAGE="SUSE 11.4",
  IMAGE_ID=0,
  READONLY=NO,
  SAVE=NO,
  SOURCE=/srv/cloud_3_2/one/var/images/ce4d6171723f9b1d0b0b49bafde1133e,
  TARGET=hda,
  TYPE=DISK ]
FEATURES=[
  ACPI=no ]