[one-users] EC2 Security Group - CLI and EC2 Interface

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 23 06:49:02 PST 2012

Hi Greg,

That's certainly an interesting feature to add!
I think your approach to copy the VirtualNetworkPool is a good start. Maybe
you could take some of GroupPool code and mix it, assuming VMs will be
assigned to one Security Group like they are now assigned to a Group.

Take a look at VirtualMachine::get_network_leases, that is where each VM
NIC is filled with the requested network lease IP. That should be a good
place to add extra info to the NICs from the security group the VM pertains
to.

Let us know if you run into more specific problems.

Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Engineer
OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization