[one-users] EC2 Security Group - CLI and EC2 Interface

Greg Stabler gstable at clemson.edu
Mon Feb 20 12:26:50 PST 2012

I'm using OpenNebula 3.0 and I'm trying to extend it to store information
pertaining to EC2 Security Groups. I've tried starting with the
VirtualNetwork code since it is most similar to Security Groups in that you
can add/remove leases with VNs and with SGs you can add/remove permission
rules.

I was wondering if there was any documentation that related to this. When I
first tried it, I was receiving errors because I did not add any code to
the RequestManager. Then I had problems with the show command not
displaying all of the permissions that were added/removed and not part of
the template. And I have yet to get the list command to display anything
without using the --xml flag. In the end, I would like to have a cli
command and EC2 access to the feature and be able to associate a VM with a
SecurityGroup, but I'm having trouble finding all of the files to edit (ie.
in src/rm, src/nebula, src/oca/ruby, src/cli, etc).

Thank you,
Greg