[one-users] experiences with distributed FS?

Maxim Mikheev mikhmv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:15:23 PST 2012

Hi Joao.
I made a similar search recently. Here is my results:
Lustre - does not have redundancy, If you will use file striping between
nodes and one nodes go offline all data are not available.
Gluster - does not support KVM virtualization. Software developer lead
mentioned that it will be fixed in next release (April).
Shipping Dog - Working only with images does not allow to store plain
files on it. one image can be connected to only one VM per a time.
eXtremFS - does not have support. If something not working it is your
problem even you ready to pay for fixing.

And my choice: MooseFS - redundant any node can go offline and data will
be available, scalable, with striping, with CoW, Create copy of huge
images in a second, has internal checksum correction, has commercial
support, data deduplication (commercial version only) and many other
features.

there are plugging for OpenNebula. It has some bugs but you can start
from this point.

Regards,
     Max