[one-users] OpenNebula with VMWare ESXi

Vladimir Vuksan vlists at veus.hr
Tue Feb 14 17:27:01 PST 2012

I have an existing OpenNebula cloud with KVM hosts and would now like to
add some ESXi hosts. I have looked at the following document

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:evmwareg

I have been able to add the ESXi host using onehost and ONE sees it
however there are a lot of missing details ie. can I use my KVM images (I
assume not), if not do I just convert QCOW2 images to VMDK. Image
templates are not really well defined and are very basically defined in
the documentation. I was wondering if anyone is actually using OpenNebula
and VMWware successfully ? Also I found the VMWare SSH stuff and was
hoping to use it since the mounted SSH doesn't really work if you have a
central OpenNebula that manages multiple geographically separate
locations.

Thanks,
Vladimir