[one-users] error: Failed to create domain - kvm -S -M pc-1.1

Andrzej andrzej at mielnet.pl
Sun Dec 23 12:32:04 PST 2012

On 22.12.2012 01:09, Shankhadeep Shome wrote:
>  Run "virsh capabilities" then restart libvirt and it should work.
> Libvirt seems to have forgotten what your system is so its confused.

Hi

Thanks mate, although your recipe to cure it wasn't successful (I ran
those commands but with no joy) but it made me thinking about it again.

So what I did, I removed my host from OpenNebula (onehost delete HostID)
then removed all kvm/libvirt related packages from that host (and purged
with `dpkg --purge`), I've put them back and adjusted Libvirt/qemu/kvm
settings again as per documentation.

Then added this host back in OpenNebula with `onehost create
superFastHost01 -i im_kvm -v vmm_kvm -n ebtables` and guess what -
bingo,  back in action.

All works, I can deploy VMs and I am a very happy dude now!

Thanks again.

All the best

Andrzej