[one-users] option to prevent a VM instance from being deployed

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Thu Dec 20 07:35:52 PST 2012

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the patch.
I think I understand how I use this new feature from reading your instruction.
Let me confirm that I am understanding right.

1. apply the patch in the first place
2. define a new VM_HOOK in oned.conf that looks like
   VM_HOOK= [
     name = "special_hold"
     on = "CREATE"
    command = "a new script"
    argument = "$VMID $TEMPLATE"  ]
3. create the "a new script" which decodes $TEMPLATE first and
    looks for a "a custom VM attribute"
    and depending on the value of the attribute, onevm release $VMID

Is this correct?

I also would like to know if your patch has been tested in a production cluster.

Thanks again,
HyunWoo
FermiCloud Project