[one-users] Mimic the disk/source behavior of 2.2

Ismael Farfán sulfurfff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:41:19 PST 2012

2012/12/12 Carlos Martín Sánchez <cmartin at opennebula.org>:
> Hi,
>
> You can also use the IMAGE/SOURCE attribute directly. This will use your
> files without copying them to the datastore, but you should be careful
> because they will be deleted if you execute a 'oneimage delete'.

Do you mean writing an Image Definition [1] with SOURCE pointing to
the absolute path to my VM, then register it with oneimage and using
it's ID in the VM template?

I'll give that a try, if my HDD doesn't start spinning then I'm ok with it : )

Thanks
Ismael

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.4:img_template

> Regards
> --
> Carlos Martín, MSc
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Simon Boulet <simon at nostalgeek.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ismael,
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Ismael Farfán <sulfurfff at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> So after all that rant this is the question:
>>> Is there a way to mimic the absolute path (source) behavior of 2.2?
>>>
>>> I don't really mind registering the images, as long as they remain
>>> where I happen to have them and with the meaningful name that I give
>>> them.
>>>

>> You would have to write your own datastore driver for this. You could
>> start by copying the fs driver and customize it to your own liking. See
>> /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/ for the datastore drivers source.
>>
>> Simon

Do not let me induce you to satisfy my curiosity, from an expectation,
that I shall gratify yours. What I may judge proper to conceal, does
not concern myself alone.