[one-users] the synchronous problem between the cancel operation and tm_delete.sh for lxc driver (Users Digest, Vol 58, Issue 20)

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Fri Dec 7 05:33:27 PST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Rolandas Naujikas <
rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt> wrote:

> On 2012-12-06 20:48, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> It seems that this behavior is problematic. Let me elaborate on Simon
>> comment. As pointed out by Simon there are two similar VM operations:
>>

> You make more confusion here, because in the past I saw similar problem
> when developing my own LVM driver. We are talking, that in delete action on
> VM opennebula executes tm/delete and vmm/cancel actions in parallel what
> causes problems, because lvm volumes could not be destroyed when in use by
> xen VM. As a workaround my LVM driver waits in background until it can
> delete LVM volume.

Ruban, shouldn't OpenNebula wait for the VMM cancel to finish before
calling TM delete in all situations? It's causing me some problem as well.
One difference between the delete and cancels actions perhaps would be that
delete doesn't check the return status on the VMM cancel action before
calling TM delete, because delete is a last case / cleanup action.

> This seems to be confusing, we are thinking of moving the delete
>> operation to the ADMIN set (so you need admin permissions to delete)
>> and so force users to use the safer cancel operation... Any thoughts?

Isn't this already possible using the ACL? Perhaps OpenNebula could ship
with a default ACL to block some commands from regular users. Do you have a
sample ACL to block the delete action for regular user?

Thanks!

Simon