[one-users] noVNC Error - unable to establish VNC connection

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Tue Aug 21 07:10:10 PDT 2012

Hello,

> Then, I try to establish a VNC connection from my PC using a VNC client
> (vinagre)..
>    1: 192.168.101.119: ignoring socket not ready

>    2: 127.0.0.1: ignoring socket not ready
>
> The same test but using Firefox from my computer:
>    3: 192.168.101.119: Normal web request received but disallowed

This is because you are connecting to websockify with a normal VNC client,
not with a websockets client as expected. You can try to see if you can
use vinagre to connect directly to Host1:5905 in first place, to assure
that the VM VNC is responding.

The error below is the relevant one:

>    4: connecting to: Host1:5905
>    4: handler exception: [Errno 113] No route to host

Do you have a firewall or some other mechanism that might prevent that
Host1 is reachable from the frontend? Perhaps you can try launching
websockify with Host1 IP directly, to see if its a name resolve issue in
the end...

--
Hector Sanjuan
OpenNebula Developer