[one-users] problem with getting Live Migration working

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Aug 16 23:49:01 PDT 2012

Hello Shyam,

thanks a lot for the feedback and for letting us know it's working again. I
think this must be an issue of the libvirt version, and that the default
configuration supplied with OpenNebula is not working out  of the box for
this OS version.

We will make some tests and probably update the documentation.

By the way, would you mind sending us the libvirt version you're running.

Thanks again!

cheers,
Jaime

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM, C S Shyam Sundar
<csshyamsundar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Finally, got the live migration working.
>
> The changes made:
> >> Removed "-l migrate" from the parameters inside KVM's VM_MAD section of
> *oned.conf*.
> >> Added the "--unsafe" parameter inside the *migrate *script inside *
> ONE_HOME/remotes*.
>
> Tested and found working in EL variants like CentOS and Oracle Linux.
>
> Regards, Shyam
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM, C S Shyam Sundar <csshyamsundar at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem with getting Live Migration working. Cold Migration
>> works.
>>
>> The Hypervisor is KVM on CentOS 6.3. I have one master node and two
>> VMHosts: *oned*,* one1* and *one2*. The oned machine runs OpenNebula 3.6
>> on SQLite backend and sunstone. The same machine exposes */var/lib/one*under NFS. one1 and one2 are hosts configured under oned and mounts
>> /var/lib/one from NFS. The VMHosts, dummy network, filesystem are under the
>> same cluster.
>>
>> I have attached the oned.conf, log snippets from oned.log when a cold
>> migration occurs and when live migration occurs. The error is - " MIGRATE
>> FAILURE 5 Network action pre needs a ssh stream."
>>
>> What was tried:
>> 1) changed the options in kvm driver to -l migrate=migrate_local
>> 2) changed LIBVIRT_URI=qemu+ssh:///system in kvmrc ( on both /var/tmp/one
>> on vmhosts and /var/lib/one in the master node ).
>>
>> I'm stuck here and any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Regards, Shyam

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org