[one-users] oneimage 'end of file reached' during image registration

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Aug 14 13:44:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

Are you still experimenting this? We will need more information to
reproduce this (may be the oned.log, is the operation being performed by
oneadmin? are there any other images registered? OS version) and a
backtrace of the oned daemon process (set no limits for the core file
size, ulimit -c unlimited and open the core with gdb for example...)

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Shantanu Pavgi <pavgi at uab.edu> wrote:

> I am having image registration issues with OpenNebula 3.6.0. It's giving
> me 'end of file reached' and then crashing the server daemon as well. It's
> a fresh install and I haven't been able to get any image in the
> repo/datastore yet.
>
> * Datastore list
> {{{
> $ onedatastore list
>   ID NAME                      CLUSTER         IMAGES TYPE     TM
>    0 system                    -                    0   -        shared
>    1 default                     -                    0   fs       shared
> }}}
>
> * oneimage command
> {{{
> $ oneimage create generic-server.def --datastore default
> end of file reached
> }}}
>
> * Image template:
> {{{
> $ cat generic-server.def
> NAME = "generic-server"
> PATH = "/scratch/pavgi/vmimages/generic-server.disk"
> TYPE = "OS"
> DESCRIPTION = "Source - generic-server-centos6.cfg file, Git Revision:
> 6c3cdd"
> }}}
>
> I don't see any error messages in oned.log file. Am I missing any
> configuration that is leading to this error? Any pointers on how to resolve
> this issue will be really helpful.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shantanu