[one-users] Hybrid Cloud with some instances of OpenNebula

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Mon Aug 13 00:12:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 9 August 2012 12:34, Marcin Jarzab <mj at agh.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are some tutorials describing hybrid cloud setup of OpenNebula and
> Amazon AWS.
> As far I understand vmm and im ec2 drivers are implemented for
> compatibility with AWS EC2?
>
> I'm wondering what about compatibility of EC2 exposed by the OpenNebula.
> If ruby one_vmm_ec2.rb script is able to interact with OpenNebula Ec2?
>
> Maybe there are some tutorials describing hybrid cloud setup consisting of
> two OpenNebula installations.
> I suppose the the biggest challenge is to configure EC2 plugin and HTTPS
> connector including PKI?

Currently, the one_vmm_ec2 script uses the ec2 tools to interact with AWS
EC2. These tools provide only PKI authentication, but the econe server does
not support this kind of auth, you have to use ACCESS_KEY/SECRET_KEY auth.

If you want to interact with another OpenNebula instance through the EC2
interface you could adapt the one_vmm_ec2.rb script to use the econe tools
instead of the ones from ec2.

Hope this helps.

> --
> Ph.D. Eng. Marcin Jarzab
> mj at agh.edu.pl
> http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/**people/mj<http://www.ics.agh.edu.pl/people/mj>
>
> Department of Computer Science
> AGH University of Science and Technology
> Kawiory 21, Building D17, 30-055  Krakow, POLAND
> phone: +48 (12) 328 33 72

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula