[one-users] Problem in hotplugging in slot install

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Aug 1 12:15:07 PDT 2012

Hi

This is pretty strange, I think you have some misconfiguration in your
hosts, as the paths should work as is.

Then we removed the BUS attribute as it is derived from the TARGET prefix,
so hda will automatically add bus=IDE, vda bus=virtio, sda bus=scsi and so
on. The recommended way is to use DEV_PREFIX to set the bus.

Probably you can send logs from the previous errors and we can try to clear
the issues...

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM, André Monteiro <andre.monteir at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been having some problems with ONE 3.6 on a self-contained slot
> install. I have to change paths on some scripts (clone, ln) and was having
> the same problem with /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/attach_disk script.
>
> Changed (DRIVER_PATH was /var/tmp/one/kvm)
> XPATH="${DRIVER_PATH}/../../datastore/xpath.rb -b $DRV_ACTION"
> with
> XPATH=" $ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/datastore/xpath.rb -b $DRV_ACTION"
> I was also having problems in virsh error messages, normally "driver
> expected" or "unknown type swap/fs".
> Solved the driver problem (BUS variable was empty) with:
>
> if [ -n "$BUS" ]; then
>         BUS="bus='$BUS'"
>  else
>         BUS="bus='virtio'"
> fi
>
> and the unknown type with overwriting the variable TYPE="file"
>
> Also on Windows the attached disk had a lot of work unlocking, had to run
> diskpart and put the disk online, initialize partition and then clear the
> readonly. As I wanted to use volatile disks I changes READONLY="NO".
>
> I know it it still in progress, but hope it helps someone!
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> André Monteiro

Ruben S. Montero, PhD