[one-users] Problem in hotplugging in slot install

André Monteiro andre.monteir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:31:29 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've been having some problems with ONE 3.6 on a self-contained slot
install. I have to change paths on some scripts (clone, ln) and was having
the same problem with /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/attach_disk script.

Changed (DRIVER_PATH was /var/tmp/one/kvm)
XPATH="${DRIVER_PATH}/../../datastore/xpath.rb -b $DRV_ACTION"
with
XPATH=" $ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/datastore/xpath.rb -b $DRV_ACTION"
I was also having problems in virsh error messages, normally "driver
expected" or "unknown type swap/fs".
Solved the driver problem (BUS variable was empty) with:

if [ -n "$BUS" ]; then
        BUS="bus='$BUS'"
 else
        BUS="bus='virtio'"
fi

and the unknown type with overwriting the variable TYPE="file"

Also on Windows the attached disk had a lot of work unlocking, had to run
diskpart and put the disk online, initialize partition and then clear the
readonly. As I wanted to use volatile disks I changes READONLY="NO".

I know it it still in progress, but hope it helps someone!

Cheers,

--
André Monteiro