[one-users] ONE3.4 with esx host ——ssh error

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Thu Apr 19 03:57:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

The documentation of the VMware OpenNebula guide was missing a step,
apologies for that. It is now fixed, this is the set of steps you have
to follow in order to get passwordless ssh login between the ONE
front-end and the ESX nodes:

  * login to the esx host (ssh <esx-host>)
  * become root (su)
  * $ sudo chmod +w /etc/sudoers
  * $ sudo vi /etc/sudoers
  * Comment the following line

#Defaults requiretty

  * $ sudo chmod -w /etc/sudoers
  * Add oneadmin's front-end account public key (FE →
$HOME/.ssh/id_{rsa,dsa}.pub) to the ESX oneadmin account
authorized_keys (ESX → $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys).

Let me know if this works, or if we need to specify more steps.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, MSc