[one-users] change password of system users

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 18 05:38:30 PDT 2012

Hi,

Those files are supposed to be protected by the standard FS mechanisms. You
can also encrypt/decrypt the file to use any OpenNebula command (they need
the file contents decrypted).

If you have security concerns you may want to look at the SSH Keys auth[1]
or x509 auth[2]

[1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:ssh_auth
[2] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:x509_auth

Cheers

Ruben

2012/4/13 Nicolas Diogo <nicolasdiogo at gmx.com>

>  Thanks Carlos,
>
> it appears to have worked correctly.
> however, i have that feeling that leaving my password in plain text on the
> files is not such a good idea.
>
> is it possible to encrypt it on these files? but i guess it is not
> possible.
>
> Nicolas
>

> On 11/04/12 10:58, Carlos Jiménez wrote:
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Try this:
>
> 1. For oneadmin:
> Execute 'oneuser passwd 0 password'
> update ~/.one/one_auth with the new password in the form of
> oneadmin:password
> stop & start one service
>
> 2. For serveradmin:
> Execute 'oneuser passwd 1 password --sha1'
> update ~/.one/sunstone_auth with the new password in the form of
> serveradmin:password
>
> Notice that password is your password, "1" is the ID of "serveradmin" and
> "0" is the ID of "oneadmin".
>

> I hope it helps.
>
> Carlos.
>
> On 04/10/2012 05:35 PM, Nicolas Diogo wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> i would like to know if it is possible to change the password of system
> users such as:
> oneadmin
> serveradmin
>
> i have tried using oneuser but it did not work well - i had to reinstall
> opennebula as it could no longer connect to anything.
>
> thanks,
>
> Nicolas

>  sent with Debian Linux (http://www.debian.org)
> free yourself into a safer internet
>  this message is only intended to its recipient

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect