[one-users] change password of system users

Nicolas Diogo nicolasdiogo at gmx.com
Fri Apr 13 08:57:39 PDT 2012

Thanks Carlos,

it appears to have worked correctly.
however, i have that feeling that leaving my password in plain text on
the files is not such a good idea.

is it possible to encrypt it on these files? but i guess it is not possible.

Nicolas

On 11/04/12 10:58, Carlos Jiménez wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Try this:
>
> 1. For oneadmin:
> Execute 'oneuser passwd 0 password'
> update ~/.one/one_auth with the new password in the form of
> oneadmin:password
> stop & start one service
>
> 2. For serveradmin:
> Execute 'oneuser passwd 1 password --sha1'
> update ~/.one/sunstone_auth with the new password in the form of
> serveradmin:password
>
> Notice that password is your password, "1" is the ID of "serveradmin"
> and "0" is the ID of "oneadmin".
>

> I hope it helps.
>
> Carlos.
>
> On 04/10/2012 05:35 PM, Nicolas Diogo wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i would like to know if it is possible to change the password of system
>> users such as:
>> oneadmin
>> serveradmin
>>
>> i have tried using oneuser but it did not work well - i had to reinstall
>> opennebula as it could no longer connect to anything.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Nicolas

sent with Debian Linux (http://www.debian.org)
free yourself into a safer internet
this message is only intended to its recipient