[one-users] Import iscsi images

Francesco Camisa francesco.camisa at policlinicosanmarco.it
Sun Apr 15 04:35:22 PDT 2012

Hi Jaime,

thanks for your reply, and you clarification.

I have been busy trying to debug my 3.4 installation. I was using 3.2 and decided to start from scratch to avoid upgrade issues. The host are running centos 6 64 bit. They have the same configuration that was working with 3.2.

Let me first explain what I understood so far:

- I register a VM image with IQN: xxx
- I then deploy a VM with said IQN
- when the VM is created (deployed) the iscsi target is logged in on the host and a link is created in a directory in a progressive number on the host

The problem is when I deploy a VM from sunstone the machine is deployed on the host as follows (in this example the VM is deployed as "one-3":
[root at phoebe ~]# ps -ef | grep one-3
oneadmin 17830     1  4 13:24 ?        00:00:21 /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -S -M rhel6.2.0 -cpu qemu32 -enable-kvm -m 2048 -smp 2,sockets=2,cores=1,threads=1 -name one-3 -uuid b1134d7a-b11f-a209-8b09-38a8d9d28304 -nodefconfig -nodefaults -chardev socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/one-3.monitor,server,nowait -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control -rtc base=utc -no-shutdown -netdev tap,fd=27,id=hostnet0,vhost=on,vhostfd=28 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:b7:cd:86,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3 -usb -device usb-tablet,id=input0 -vnc 127.0.0.1:3 -vga cirrus -device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4

Francesco

Francesco Camisa
Vice Direttore Generale
Policlinico San Marco