[one-users] hooks for virtual network creations?

Valerio Schiavoni valerio.schiavoni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:11:47 PDT 2012

Hello,
on our deployment, we're using 802.1q to deploy vlan-aware virtual networks.
This works fine so far.

The issue we're trying to solve is the following: whenever a new
virtual network is created, we'd like to create a new
vlan interface on the controller machine (which is not hosting any VM)
so that we've a mean to access the VLAN.
The VLAN IDs are not know in advance.
Manually, what I do is:

sudo vconfig add eth2 VLAN_ID
onevnet hold VNET_ID IP_RESERVED_FOR_CONTROLLER
sudo ifconfig eth2.VLAN_ID IP_RESERVED_FOR_CONTROLLER/24 up

I would like to automatize this, so that no manual intervention is
required by us when users start deploying the Virtual Networks. So,
are there hooks triggered upon the creation of new virtual networks
from the side of the controller host ?

Thanks,
Valerio