[one-users] LDAP and open-nebula / Sunstone?

João Pagaime jpsp at fccn.pt
Mon Apr 2 06:45:37 PDT 2012

Hello Opennebula users,

we're trying to set up Sunstone do use LDAP authentication on our local
network, but it isn't working, and It looks we're kind of  stuck and
have doubts also

It seems that the LDAP configuration is being ignored by sunstone

we would appreciate for any additional pointers...

some main questions:

- does Sunstone work with LDAP authentication?

- is it necessary to add LDAP users' passwords to open-nebula
configuration?  Documention [1] says this: "The user should add its
credentials to ... in this fashion: user_dn_or_username:user_password"

- what debug information should we look for? where? Where would it be
expected to see LDAP traffic coming out of open-nebula?

-------------------
more information

==============
version: OpenNebula 3.2.1 on CentOS  6.2

==============
   /etc/one/auth/ldap_auth.conf

# Ldap user able to query, if not set connects as anonymous
:user: 'one'
:password: '___________'

# Ldap authentication method
:auth_method: :simple

# Ldap server
:host: ___________
:port: 389

# base hierarchy where to search for users and groups
:base: 'dc=corp,dc=fccn,dc=pt'

# group the users need to belong to. If not set any user will do
:group: ____________

# field that holds the user name, if not set 'cn' will be used
:user_field: 'cn'

============== /etc/one/oned.conf
AUTH_MAD = [
     executable = "one_auth_mad",
     arguments = "--authz quota --authn
plain,server_cipher,ssh,x509,ldap,default"
]

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:ldap

thanks,