[one-users] A couple of questions about definition file

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at eng.it
Mon Sep 19 07:47:06 PDT 2011

RSM> Hi, On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Gian Uberto Lauri
RSM> <saint at eng.it> wrote:

>> Hello gentlemen,
>>
>> can someone explain a couple of thigs about the "Disk" section of
>> the definition file ?
>>

>> First, why should I define a source property for a disk created on
>> the fly ?
>>

RSM> You shouldn't. Only SIZE and FORMAT are needed for FS types

But from  the documentation it  seems that such information  is needed
for swap files too, and also swap files are created on the fly.

RSM> I guess you are asking for block types. This is use to let know
RSM> the hypervisor that the image is a block device. The transfer
RSM> manager scripts are used to setup the block device in the hosts
RSM> (e.g. the LVM driver...)

Thank you very much!

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Ricercatore / Reasearcher

GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
Skype: gian.uberto.lauri	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
http://www.eng.it 			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987