[one-users] A couple of questions about definition file

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Sep 19 07:40:56 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Gian Uberto Lauri <saint at eng.it> wrote:

> Hello gentlemen,
>
> can someone explain a couple of  thigs about the "Disk" section of the
> definition file ?
>

> First, why should I define a source property for a disk created on the
> fly ?

You shouldn't. Only SIZE and FORMAT are needed for FS types

> And what  should be a block  device ? Some  kind of mapping to  a real
> world blockl device ?

I guess you are asking for block types. This is use to let know the
hypervisor that the image is a block device. The transfer manager scripts
are used to setup the block device in the hosts (e.g. the LVM driver...)

Cheers

> Thank you in advance.
>
> --
> ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
> Ricercatore / Reasearcher
> Laboratorio Ricerca e Sviluppo / Research & Development Lab.
> Area Calcolo Distribuito / Distributed Computation Area
>
> GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
> Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)
>
> Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
> Fax  +39-049.8283.569             |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
> Skype: gian.uberto.lauri          |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
> http://www.eng.it                         |          ioccc best One Liner,
> 1987

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid