[one-users] IMAGE_REPOSITORY_PATH and OpenNebula 3

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Sep 15 13:21:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

OpenNebula 3.0 features a new image repository based on drivers. Currently
we are shipping one based on files (images supported by a regular file).

You can take a look at it under:

$ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/image/fs

There you will see scripts for the repo operations, to copy (cp), move (mv),
delete (rm) and create (mkfs). There is also a configuration file

$ONE_LOCATION/var/remotes/image/fs/fsrc

Modify IMAGE_REPOSITORY_PATH to point to your repo directory. You may be
also interested in the other scripts to fine tune your deployment

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Robert Parrott <parrott at seas.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With ONE 2.2, we used the "IMAGE_REPOSITORY_PATH" config value to
> point to a separate store for image files that was outside of the
> $ONE_LOCATION/var/ directory.
>
> It appears that with the new ONE_IMAGE MAD, this config value is gone,
> so we can't now add new images into the system as we had before. Right
> now we are using symlinks to fix this, but that's not a great
> solution.
>
> What is the appropriate upgrade in ONE 3 to match this functionality from
> ONE 2?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>

> --
> Robert E. Parrott, Ph.D. (Phys. '06)
> Director, Academic Computing
> Harvard University Sch. of Eng. and App. Sci.
> Maxwell-Dworkin  211,
> 33 Oxford St.
> Cambridge, MA 02138
> (617)-496-1520

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid