[one-users] XML-RPC API 2.2 - Session string when ssh authentication

Javier Diaz javier.diazmontes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:39:33 PDT 2011

Hi,
I am using OpenNebula 2.2 and I have a program that interact with it
using the XML-RPC API for python. The authentication in OpenNebula has
been configured to use the ssh keys.

I can interact with OpenNebula using the oneadmin user with a session
string like <username>:<SHA1(password)>. However, when I try to do the
same for a normal user <username>:<SHA1(public_sshkey)> it does not
work. I have tried different session string but I didn't find the right
one. So, what is the structure of the session string that I need to use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Javi

Dr. Javier Diaz
Post Doctoral Fellow
Pervasive Technology Institute
Indiana University
2719 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47408, USA
e-mail: javidiaz at indiana.edu