[one-users] Using Requirements and Rank to create only one guest of type X per host

Karl Katzke kkatzke at sentryds.com
Thu Oct 27 17:11:28 PDT 2011

Thanks! That helps with the VM pinning aspect greatly. I didn't realize that the custom variables could be used in constraints.

My other questions concerned a cold start of the cluster and the cluster drivers.

There is very little information about what happens during a cold start. In our case, some dependencies need to start before other cloud/cluster services can fully start. Is there a way to script this startup process so that we can be sure that these depended-upon VMs are started first?

Second, what is the proper configuration in /etc/one/oned.conf to be using the TM_LVM transfer manager driver simultaneously with the TM_SHARED transfer manager? The manual and configuration files aren't clear on this point ... They emphasize that multiple transfer managers can be in use unlike multiple image manager drivers, but don't give an example of that configuration.

Thanks,
Karl Katzke

Sent from my shoePhone.