[one-users] Using Requirements and Rank to create only one guest of type X per host

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 27 15:25:05 PDT 2011

Hi

A couple of hints...

>We also want those hosts to start first when a host or the cluster comes back up. If >I’m reading the documentation correctly, that means that we would use the rank >algorithm somehow — but by my read of the documentation, that was only for host >selection, not boot priority.

RANK/REQUIREMENTS is for host selection. But I am not sure that I
really understand this. If you want to first use those host that has
been recently rebooted. You could simply add a probe with uptime and
RANK them based on that.

> Manually coupling a particular VM to a host would also work, but I can’t
> figure out how to do that yet within the scope of the “VM Template” scheme
> either.

You can add the names of the VMs you want to "pin" to a particular
host in a special variable. Something like:

>onehost update host0

# At the editor add
RAID0_VMS="db_vm web_vm"

Then a template for a VM "pinned" to that host would look like:

NAME="db_vm"
REQUIREMENTS="RAID0_VMS=\"*$NAME*\""

Instead of NAMES you could pinned them by MAC for example, just add
RAID0_MACS="11:22:33:44:55:66 11:22:33:44:55:66" and the requirements
would look like RAID0_MACS= "\"*$NIC[MAC]\*""

> Last but not least, I’d like to have a the SSH transition, the LVM
> transition manager, and the Shared transition manager all enabled.

Yes simply remove comments for the TMs.