[one-users] ACLs issues

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 20 06:05:17 PDT 2011

Hi Rubén,

The way users list the resources is somewhat limited to the standard use
cases: the onevnet list command accepts 3 options: m (mine), g (group), a
(all).

Although you can grant users in group 108 permissions to list vnets in the
group 1, they cannot request the list of vnets in group 108.
They can only list vnets in their group (g) or all (a) the existing vnets.

The command 'onevnet list' is not showing any vnets because the default
option is 'g'.
'onevnet list a' command fails because it tries to list all the vnets, what
requires the following ACL rule:

@108 NET/* INFO_POOL

If you need to debug the ACL rules, enable de debug level in oned.conf
(enabled by default) and look in oned.log for messages marked as [ACL][D].

You will find messages similar to these ones:

Thu Oct 20 05:48:29 2011 [ReM][D]: VirtualNetworkPoolInfo method invoked
Thu Oct 20 05:48:29 2011 [ACL][D]: Request #1 NET/* INFO_POOL
Thu Oct 20 05:48:29 2011 [ACL][D]: > Rule  @1 VM+NET+IMAGE+TEMPLATE/*
CREATE+INFO_POOL_MINE
Thu Oct 20 05:48:29 2011 [ACL][D]: > Rule  @1 HOST/* USE
Thu Oct 20 05:48:29 2011 [ACL][D]: No more rules, permission not granted

You can read more in a similar thread here [1], and the ticket where we will
address this limitations [2].

Regards.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opennebula.org/msg04022.html
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/862